Thursday, August 23, 2018

Birds and Waves

  • Superb Fairy Wren --I believe these are actually known as Jenny Wren's as well and often are seen accompanying the more colorful Variegated Wrens.
  • Pale Faced Rosella --The first bird I spotted this morning at Currimundi Lakes. He was with a friend and they flew right over my head as i approached the lake shore. He came back to get his photo taken.
  • Variegate Fairy Wren -- I thought this was a little Blue Wren when i first spotted him amongst the bramble. He stayed hidden for a bit and it was a bit difficult getting a proper shot on him but just as i was about to give up. He kindly popped up for a couple of quick shots.



  • Wattle Bird --This is the Brush Wattle bird and is part of the Honeyeater family. They have an annoying call and are quite an aggressive bird. I find their patterns interesting and up against the Banksia I thought it worth a photo.

  • Terns on Rocks -- I always love to stand and look across to Mount Coolum and wait for a good wave for a photo. It was a clear sky so there were no reflections in the rock pools of value. It was left up to the birds and the waves to give me photo opportunities.
  • Fishing -- There were some fisherman out today but mostly small craft and the larger vessels are the ones i look for. I have just realized for next time when i go back to the point an error i made. I need to keep the wave splashes to the left or right of Mt Coolum.
  •  Searching Rock Pools Point Cartwright -- I often see families looking amongst the rock pools at the point and they do assist a photo for variety instead of having the same view of the Mountain.
  • Pelican Searching for Food -- I threw this old photo in today. Well really just because i've been reediting old photos and this was one of them. I'm really not sure what these two were playing at.
  • Rainbow Bee Eaters with food -- Rainbow Bee Eaters hardly ever need a drink as the insects they eat contain all the moisture they need.There are many species of Bee Eaters in Africa, but the Rainbow Bee Eater is the only representative of the family in Australia
  • Waves Washing over Rocks at the Point -- I find it relaxing and interesting to sit and watch the waves hit the rocks at the point . Such alovely view across to Mount Coolum and Old Womans Island.
  • Children on the Sand at the Point -- I thought these two cute children with their bikes worth an add to this blog !

  • Oyster Catcher Looking for Food -- I enjoyed sitting and watching this Pied Oyster Catcher searching for food as the waves splashed beside him. 


No comments:

Post a Comment